Tuesday, July 18, 2006

OK. Here goes...something

I live in an apartment and work in a cubicle. Cable television and internet access make my isolation splendid when so desired. And when not. Especially during baseball season. Sometimes I wish I were a Cossack. The wide-open steppe spreading in all directions for as as far as can be seen from my mount. But then again, I've never seen the steppe, and imagine it might be similar to the prairie. Lonely, boring, monotonous. And I've been on a horse but once. Though neither of us were hurt, it was not a pleasant experience. For either of us. That leaves just the Cossack sabre. Swords just won't do in this time and place. Arrest would be certain and swift merely for carrying the thing. Still, sometimes I wish I were a Cossack.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home