Friday, October 31, 2008

Please, make it stop

Not the voice in my head. I have a recycled shelf-list card in front of me. Well, to the left of the keyboard. It is a list.

IMAGE (FRONT & BACK)
COLOR
TEXT ON FRONT
TEXT ON BACK
TEXT COLOR
IMAGE DESCRIPTION
LOCATION IN COLLECTION
TITLE
SIZE
ACQUIRED (WHERE AND WHEN)

Those of you who wallow (suffer?) in the same morass as I do might recognize the crude beginnings of some metadata schema. You see Dear Reader, I have a lot of t-shirts. (Go ahead and say it. Or at least think it!) Concerts t-shirts. Special Olympics t-shirts from 15 years of coaching, and from all over the world. Baseball t-shirts. Hockey t-shirts. Alternative Tectacles t-shirts. The list does go on. And that gives me an idea: a GENRE field. I have considered this project before. And I am still only considering it. But...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home