Monday, June 23, 2008

You will be. You will be.

Louie brought a new bat to practice last week. Not quite a hundred-dollar bat. Ninety-nine. I didn't ask, but secretly hoped there were ninety-nine cents involved as well. And, Dear Reader, this bat is magic. Really. Truly. M-A-G-I-C. The proof is in the pudding. Large pearl tapioca. We yelled to Rusty to look both ways before crossing the street as he chased after a ball. That was new. So was K smacking one with authority out of the infield. In the air! As an aside D.R. I offer that K is not some semi-obscure pretentious reference to The Trial. Any trial. It is at it appears. Simply K. Friendly nemeses were warned of the magic bat. They reportedly scoffed. "We don't need a magic bat." The magic bat did not scare them. I am, I plea, not THAT much of a geek, but... Flashback:

“Your over-confidence will be your downfall.” - Luke Skywalker

“Your faith in your friends will be yours.” - Darth Sidious/The Emperor

Who needs friends when you have a magic bat? Or does that make me sound like a bat rastard? What would Yoda advise?






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home