Thursday, May 29, 2008

Ooops

Everybody makes mistakes. All kinds of mistakes. Good learning tools those. I bought the wrong PEZ dispenser. Not just a regular PEZ dispenser, but a giant one. I came across a giant Clone Trooper at a candy store the other day. It was to be a nice fit into the giant-outer-space-oriented robots theme that I have limited myself to when it comes to the giant PEZ dispensers. Must have limits. Or else... I have only three giants: Darth Vader, a Storm Trooper and the Lost In Space robot whose name escapes me at the moment. It isn't exactly mental gymnastics trying to keep them straight. I bought the Clone Trooper. When I returned home I looked through my catalog (I know, I know) and to my dismay, there was the Clone Trooper. The giant one. Dang it! I had mistakenly metadenoted it as a giant Storm Trooper. Dang it! Dang it! Dang it! Now I would have to go all the way back and exchange it for another. There was a giant R2-D2 that Susie had suggested I get instead. But the bad guys look so cool. I called the store just to find out what I would have to do. Should have been a snap I assumed. The Clone Trooper was still in the package, I had the receipt. No problem, right? Wrong. The lady on the phone said I should call back and speak with the store manager the next morning. I did. The store manager said she would have to speak with the district manager because they usually do not accept returns or exchanges. It is a candy store. What would there be to return? Yadda, yadda, yadda. She called back and said I could exchange it for R2-D2, which she would put behind the counter with a note. I toyed with the idea that if I were to have a duplicate of any giant PEZ dispenser, it might as well be a Clone Trooper. Works quite well. But no. I shall take the bus to the next town after work today and spend all of thirty seconds I suppose trading giant PEZ dispensers, re-boarding the bus back to this town, transferring at the downtown station, and going home. For the record, I corrected the metadata in my catalog. There is a lesson there somewhere. Mind your metadata, I suppose. Start by reading labels.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home