Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Enough said

Enough time has passed. It is now time. OK OK. I am being a wee bit disingenuous Dear Reader. I have put off long enough sharing this little anecdotal morsel. Too long. Sweet procrastination. Tomorrow always sounds better. Especially once it arrives under the guise of today. Or worse, NOW. Enough blah blah blah blah blah. Way back when I was setting up my computer in our new house, I hooked up all the peripheral devices. OK, I'm busted. Both of the peripheral devices. Unless you count the printer. Then it would be three peripheral devices. External hard drive. Speakers. Printer. When I went to check that all were working I was dismayed to discover that the speakers were not functioning. At all. I had already pushed the desk back up against the wall so this was going to be a real pain in the ... to fix. I pulled, carefully, very carefully, the desk out just so I could squeeze my hand behind it to get at the wires and their connections. Wiggle wiggle wiggle. Press press press. Windows Media Player. Crossed fingers. Nothing. Maybe the speakers were damaged during the move. They weren't all that expensive. I could just buy new ones. I did buy new ones. Optimism peeked from around the corner. The Byzantine snake pit of wires was navigated and the new speakers were in place. Again. Nothing. Nada. Zip. I threw in the towel, resigning myself to not being able to hear anything from my computer. I thought the sound card was damaged. I had no intention of trying to fix that. Time passed and I did not really miss audio at all. Really. Then one day while tooling around a bit on the computer, I noticed a setting for the speakers: MUTE ON.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home