Friday, May 30, 2008

To quote Leonard...

Freak show. Car crash. Don't stare! Please Dear Reader, do NOT stare. Retinal damage. I was performing a wee bit of database cleanup. At work. (I need to clarify that point). Title: Nicole and the Trial of the Century, an Opera. Intrigued. Scroll down. Lions and tigers and bears. Oh my gawd. Subject heading: "600 10 Simpson, O. J., ǂd 1947- ǂv Drama." Only in America. Google google google. Track list. Oooh. "Kato the Dog" ... "Connie Chung" ... "Ito's Entry." ?!?!? and for good measure, ! I have never ordered anything from Amazon, but I did order this. I had to. I don't care how bad it might be, I had to have this in my collection. I felt a little cheap. Dirty even. An existential abyss yawned before me. I jumped in. Did a cannonball really. It arrived yesterday. I listened to a few tracks. I was not disappointed. You will not get a review Dear Reader. I remember a Dan Aykroyd character on Saturday Night Live from bygone years. Leonard Pynth Garnell. Host of such spots as Bad Ballet and Bad Opera. But that was satire. This isn't. There is even a track called "Mr. Fung." "Bad. Very bad indeed."

Switching gears. Downshifting. It is payday. Mmmm. Cheesecake. Payday cheesecake. Chocolate chip cherry cheesecake. Cleanse the mental palate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home