Tuesday, June 16, 2009

For real

Should I? No. Would I? Hard to say. Could I? Oh yeah. You betcha I could Dear Reader. And no one would be the wiser. Not even you. Yet. In my refrigerator at home right now, this very second, in this moment we now share, is a South of France Lemon Cheesecake. It is made with ricotta instead of cream cheese. And there are fresh strawberries to load on top of it. I ask again... But wait. There is more. There is also a quart of fresh homemade strawberry ice cream. In the freezer Silly. I know better than that. Even I. As if that weren't enough (subjunctive mood?), there is leftover pizza from last night's Special Olympics end-of-the-summer-season pizza party. Almost an entire pie's worth made up of three flavors. Vegetarian. Hawaiian. Pepperoni. Correction: Pepperoni! The thought came to me, as thoughts are prone to do, that I could eat it all. Yes. All of it. Cheesecake, ice cream and pizza. Just to see what would happen. Aside from Susie being disappointed about missing out on the ice cream, the department missing out on the cheesecake at the retirement gathering, and, well, no one will miss the pizza I guess. That is, if I were to survive. There it is again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home