Monday, July 06, 2009

Not fish, but fowl

Since we bought our house I have looked forward each year to Art and the Vineyard. Ooooh the garden art! For each of the past two years I have gone to the annual weekend festival knowing I would be purchasing another piece of garden art. Of course I never know what exactly. Only that when I saw it, I would know. There is often a cooling off period during which Susie and I discuss that which has caught my eye. This year a rock fish came highly recommended, and indeed was quite cute, and even made the list of possibilities. But then I saw her. Tall and bronze. Oxidized actually. We named her Frieda. She was worth every penny, just based on the looks and the comments of other festival attendees as I hauled her to the car.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home