Monday, July 24, 2006

What have I done?

At the end of The Bridge on the River Kwai, Col. Nicholson, played brilliantly by Sir Alec Guiness, upon realizing he may have thwarted the British Special Operations efforts to blow up the bridge, says simply and profoundly, "What have I done?" These words are never, to my knowlege, uttered in a positive sense. It seems (only seems) that a couple of days ago someone posted a comment on this blog. Not one of the half-handful of people with whom I have shared the URL. Not my mother either. This was someone, "R," from the other side of the continent. R commiserated with me about the heat wave still bearing down on the upper left coast. I was both excited that someone had actually read what I've written, and horrified that someone had actually read what I've written. I assumed the cloak of victim-martyr, suffering perceived violations of, well, I'm not sure of what exactly. Maybe even a stalker! Oooh! What have I done? I decided to get on with more important things, like deciding what kind of cheesecake to make for this month's payday party. Today's threat level: an imaginary shade of blue. Possibly.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Haha! I'm sorry to be the cause of paranoia. I just peruse random blogs when I get bored. And occasionally, when I find one thats literate and witty, I bookmark it and check in on it once in a while. So...surprise, You've been marked. I hope the absence of stalker-dom doesn't disappoint you.

4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home