Tuesday, November 04, 2008

No need to whine

I awoke refreshed this morning Dear Reader. At 2:00 AM. Really. Refreshed. I am wound up like a kid on Christmas Eve. It is election day. I am excited. No lobbying here. Worry not. Neither of you. It's been one of those "all over the map" kinda days so far. And I haven't even touched the pile of maps sitting on my desk waiting to be cataloged. First-time author headings. Subject headings for a biographical work on Heydar Alirza oglu Aliyev. "Hold Me Now" by Elastica. Song and album. (Check it out). An e-mail about a hold on a book for the Cat-Dept. Not me. No one at the desk knew what it was all about. And there's some kind of superunnatural thing going on with the Hold Shelf out there, believe me! I had to restore the e-mail from the garbage can, flicking off the coffee grounds that had adhered to it, to see that the message had come from within the department formerly know as Cataloging, but, like horror movies where the sinister call is actually coming from upstairs, it was too late. But then who cares? It is election day, Elastica continues to groove deliciously between my ears, links have been maintained and Drivel Head is wearing her glad rags. And I forgot all about ritual Hello Kitty scarification. Line up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home