Monday, December 11, 2006

Chocolate Crackles

Now things are getting serious. The recipe for Chocolate Crackles comes from my paternal grandmother, who always had huge cookie trays with vast arrays of cookies on Christmas Day. The chocolate dough is in the refrigerator to firm up prior to being formed into balls, rolled in powdered sugar, and baked. These are my sister's favorite. My son's too. They rate pretty highly in my book as well. Come to think of it, everybody who has ever tried them, loves them. What's not to like? It's a chocolate cookie, with powdered sugar. Be forewarned though Dear Reader: Do not wolf them down. If you're not careful, you may inhale some of the powdered sugar, and well, that just wouldn't be pretty. Even if you have a glass of milk close at hand, the convulsive powdered sugar cough is a tricky bugger, and the milk is likely to come out your nose. Not that I would know. Take your time and enjoy them. There's plenty to go around. I tripled the recipe, and I live alone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home