Wednesday, December 19, 2007

I confess

Not the lovely little ditty by the English Beat. Cookie trays. For friends and co-workers. Recipes from Nana (that's my great-grandmother), grandma, and mom. I am the keeper of the faith. I am, at the very least, the keeper of the tradition. Maybe just the recipes. No, they are not cataloged. Organized, yes. Cataloged, no. OK, OK. Others in my family have the recipes as well. What's that make me? A keeper, not the keeper. Who really cares? I am the one who makes the cookies. Nana's oatmeal cookie recipe is the frosted one in the center. Mmmmm. Frosting. It's even caffeinated. Of course I made extra for peanut butter and frosting sammiches. This picture is of the cookie tray I brought in to work this morning. Aren't you glad you retired when you did? You know who you are. My confession: there were two, count 'm two spreadsheets involved in this year's production.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home