Tuesday, November 27, 2007

The Gutter

I finally cataloged the box set of the Disney Princesses Pez dispensers. I had to wait for good light for the digital photograph. Really. Silly? Really silly. I couldn't have glare from the plastic wrap. No way! I can live with not being able to see where Mulan, Pocahontas and Snow White were manufactured. I think I can. Empty metadata fields in records? Hey, I already said I think I can. Live and let live. I am not going to open the box just to see if it says China, Hungary, or Slovenia. So close and yet so far to being able to type "Full" in the cataloging status of each of these three records. An exercise in letting go. Just let go of it man! As I went to place the box of ladies on the shelf in my cubicle that is dedicated to Pez, I bumped one. Just one. Probably SpongeBob SquarePants. Could've been a Stormtrooper. They are always up to no good, and there is no way I could pick which one of them was responsible. I just didn't get that good a look. I did learn that a shelf packed with Pez dispensers will behave pretty much as if it were (subjunctive mood!) a shelf chock full of dominoes. It was a surreal slow-motion event. Yes, Dear Reader, "event." I went immediately to a happy place. I could dust the shelf. I could be grateful this was the only, I mean first, so far, time this has happened. Does that even make sense? Does anything? It was a waste of my morning break setting them up again. There has got to be some existential lesson here, doesn't there? "Yassassin. I'm not a moody guy." Google it. Might get something. Might not. And yet somehow, after all was done (I was alone, nothing was said; thought, you bet, not said though) I am left with the stray thought that Snow White looks a little trampy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home