Monday, February 02, 2009

Oh bother!

Today's tasty LC morsel is G9930. I love it. I love it. I love it! Who wouldn't swoon for this seldom-used and little-known call number. More fun than a barrel of monkeys armed with super-soakers on a hot summer day. I have used this class number thrice. As of this writing. The first was a few weeks, maybe months ago. The library acquired a replica of the "map" used in the movie Time Bandits. What is one to do with a subject heading of "Time travel-subfield-delimiter-v-maps?" Well, I am waiting. Give up Dear Reader? Do you? The answer is G9930. The number used for maps of imaginary places. I had a little extra time on my hands last week and went to a map drawer in the map collection. In the corner. At the bottom. I grabbed two maps to catalog. Sweet. Narnia and Middle Earth. So if you ever want to have some fun Dear Reader, just do a call number search in any library that uses Library of Congress classification. That number again is G9930. So you don't forget, call before midnight yesterday. Oh, how I long to catalog that which is pictured here. Lame wrap-up of (to? for?) the post. I know. Oh well. Oh bother.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home