Friday, December 19, 2008

ゴジラ

The Holiday Film Festival lineup is set. Not in stone mind you, but still... Last year we watched all five of the original Planet of the Apes movies. The year before that it was an Ed Wood extravaganza (Plan 9 from Outer Space, Night of the Ghouls, The Bride and the Beast, Bride of the Monster, Orgy of the Dead, and for good measure, Tim Burton's Ed Wood). Whew. Before that the boy and I always watched Leaving Las Vegas. It's a long story. One I won't bore you with. Sorry. One with which I won't bore you, Dear Reader. Due to a busier holiday season than in the past, the schedule has been reduced. Our featured theme for 2-double-ought-8 is Godzilla. There are two certainties. Godzilla vs. King Kong and Godzilla vs. Mothra. After that, time permitting. We'll see. I hope I copied and pasted the title for this post correctly. And that what I copied and pasted is correct. I just can't bring myself to fully trust Wikipedia.

And then on Christmas Day, we pile in the car and go to the economy theater for a buck-fifty flick. Maybe it's $1.75 now. Dang economy. But first, the Suze, the boy, and your humble blogger cram ourselves into the photo booth for our family holiday photos. Strip of four. Black and white. I think the movie we will see needs to begin with the letter B. This will be our third year doing this. First there was Borat. Last year, The Bee Movie. We all need help. Or maybe just me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home