Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Neon Meate Dream of a Octafish

The dust blows forward and... Weird are the things that run through my mind as I trudge through the ice and the snow on my way to work when only the nutrias seem annoyed that I am about. Songs mostly, the Daniel Boone Theme Song, Sweet Talkin' Woman, Anarchy In the U.K., and The Dust Blows Forward 'N the Dust Blows Back. The latter won't leave me alone. Even now. And now as well. There it went again. And yet again. I have had the album, in vinyl format, for years, and have never listened to the entire thing. Not even an entire disc of the two. Solution: buy the CD and listen to it while I pore over a first-time author headings list. It worked with Marilyn Manson. Boy did it work with Marilyn Manson! (I haven't been the same since. And don't expect to ever be so again). One-click shopping at Amazon. No trudging to my beloved House of Records in this weather. I do feel a little dirty. I hope it washes off. Like super glue does when you get it on your finger tips Dear Reader. You. Not me. OK. OK. Me too. Captain Beefheart's guitarist with the Magic Band lives here in Eugene. You only get his stage name: Zoot Horn Rollo. And really, after that, would you want more? Well, would you? He was a regular customer at the little market I worked at ages ago. Nice guy. So many track titles from Trout Mask Replica to choose from for a title of this post. One jumped out. From around the corner. In broad daylight. Sounds kinda Seussical.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home