Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Just sit right back

It's been a long while Dear Reader. It seems I've been paying more attention to Chez Paul and, gulp, FaceBook. I'd apologize, but you probably wouldn't accept it. (Nor should you). I probably wouldn't mean it either. (I probably should though). So let us simply dispense with that little nicety. Shall we? We shall. Last weekend we loaded up the Eugene-Springfield Special Olympics bowling team onto buses for a trip to Bend. Over the mountains in November to bowl two games each. A shot at being eligible to apply to go to the National Games next year was on the line for each of my bowlers. No, I did not tell them. We take a nice charter bus equipped with appropriate facilities since there are no rest stops along the way of the 3-hour drive. This year I thought ahead a little. By remembering. Remembering that the bus is equipped with a DVD player. South Park would be inappropriate. Beavis and Butthead? Out of the question. I needed something appropriate. And there it was. At the lower left of the shelving where I keep my DVDs and CDs. Gilligan's Island. The complete series. I didn't need that much. I took season one. Although it is in black and white, everybody loved it. There were times when the athletes were laughing in perfect sync to the laugh tracks on the video. It was hysterical. A little eerie as well. What was truly surreal though, was when the entire bus began singing the theme song. At the beginning and the end of each episode. What a trip. What a very trippy trip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home