Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs

I like cereal. Especially all the brands my mother never let me eat growing up. Captain Crunch, Frosted Flakes, Apple Jacks. You name it. If the first ingredient listed is sugar, I have probably bought it. Recently. There is a limit though. I simply won't pay more than two dollars for a box of cereal. I find myself looking through the Sunday newspaper inserts scanning for the bargains. Oreo-Os. Reese's Puffs. They're all fair game. And so good. I will routinely buy ten or more boxes of cereal at a time. (No. I do not enter the express checkout line!) I simply can't buy just one of any flavor. There are only two, maybe three servings per box, contrary to what the serving size suggestions on the box advise. I use a small mixing bowl, larger than a regular cereal bowl, yet not so large as to allow the crunchy goodness to get soggy before I am through. It is also important to use a bowl that will limit the serving size so that I don't grate the roof of my mouth into what feels like a bloody pulpy mess. This is particularly true with Captain Crunch. With or without Crunch Berries. Speaking of Captain Crunch, one of the purest joys I have in this world is Peanut Butter Crunch with chocolate milk. It's as if I am eating a bowl of peanut butter cups. Never mind that there is already a peanut butter cup cereal. Don't get me wrong though. I do also enjoy the blander fare. Oatmeal for example. I use the same mixing bowl, make three servings in accordance with the package instructions, and plop a big scoop of ice cream into it. French vanilla is the best. Sometimes I'll also add a handful of chocolate chips. Butterscotch chips work too. But cold cereal is my weakness. And if a magic encoder/decoder pen set can be found inside the box, well, that's a bonus I simply won't ignore.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Peanut Butter Cap'n Crunch is the food of the Gods!!! I have never tried it with chocolate milk though. Now, I think I will. Thanks for the idea.

9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home