Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Inconsistent parenthetical Christmas

Merry Christmas to me. Merry Christmas to me. Last night, that is to say Christmas Eve, I finished cataloging my LP collection. Six hundred and sixty-eight albums. A FileMaker template I designed all by my lonesome. (There is no other way to catalog, or to design templates, except all by one's lonesome). Artist. Album. Year of release (or year of performance for live albums). Cover image. Notes (such as 12" single, EP, pink vinyl, 2 discs, or 3, or 5 (I don't have any 4 disc sets) and finally, track titles.) Can you dig your way out of the parentheses Dear Reader? Well, can you? Scary, I know. But what if I want to compile a list of all the Beatles' songs with the word "Love" in the title? (Don't they all have "Love" in the title?) Punctuation inside or outside parentheses? I feel it coming on. I do. (Which reminds me: I'm getting married Saturday). I still have a few, well, several, album covers to scan. And upload. A few release dates to clarify. Just a few of them. But I've already started on my VHS tapes. Not too many. Fewer than fifty. Inconsistency again. Should I follow some style book and spell out only single digit numbers? Oh well. Too late now. (Not really. I'm just feeling lazy.) Susie and the boy are on the way. Early dinner at mom's. $1.50 movie (there it is again!) Photo booth pictures at the mall. The candy store that sells PEZ will be closed. I know that going in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home