Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Don't take candy from them either

Winamp random play. 3031 items. "Swimming in the sound of Bow Wow Wow." That's how it began. I wanted candy. An artist search on AMG allmusic. Perusal of discography, sub-directories for regular releases and compilations. The decision was the 1996 release The Best of Bow Wow Wow. I agonized though. Their debut release was called, and I kid you not Dear Reader, See Jungle! See Jungle! Go Join Your Gang, Yeah, City All Over! Go Ape Crazy. All the way to the House of Records I vacillated. Oscillated really. Part of me hoped that the greatest hits compilation wouldn't be there and I would have no choice but to get See Jungle! See Jungle! Go Join Your Gang, Yeah, City All Over! Go Ape Crazy. (Copy and paste job, not a re-type). When I discovered they had neither, nor in fact, any Bow Wow Wow, I stepped up to place a special order. I chickened out and ordered the Best of Bow Wow Wow. It has the track "Don't Dance with Strangers." See Jungle! See Jungle! Go Join Your Gang, Yeah, City All Over! Go Ape Crazy does not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home