Friday, February 08, 2008

Fsst, fsst, fsst

We are all a little disturbed. It's a good thing too. Just a little. Quirky. A little eccentric. You get my drift. I issued a plea for assistance in identifying a character whose likeness came to me in the form of a couple PEZ dispensers. At first I thought it might be My Melody, the cookie-baking friend of Hello Kitty. I was not sure though and asked for help, the first step in... Nevermind. Within hours I received an e-mail confirming that it was indeed My Melody. I changed entries in my catalog. "Bunny" → "My Melody." (As an aside, ALT + 26= →). Then the cat scat hit the fan. I received a message from a connoisseur of all things Sanrio. It was not My Melody, but U*SA*HA*NA. There was a link as well. I got the scent. But I was Shanghaid before I even began. A few days ago I received a package from Xiao Meng-qiu, bka Sophie. (I know "Shanghaid" was pretty lame). Among the gifts she sent was a bag featuring something called Charmmy Kitty. Cute. I chalked it up to some Chinese rip-off of Hello You-Know-Who. Fast forward. When I clicked on the Sanrio friends link (overkill?) what should I find? Charmmy Kitty! She is Hello Kitty's cat. Slavery? She is the keeper of the key to Hello Kitty's jewelry box. Back to U*SA*HA*NA. I scrolled down a bit, and sure enough, there was the bunny. It was, it is not My Melody. U*SA*HA*NA loves to show her happy dance. But what the H-E-double-hockey-sticks is up with those asterisks? She's not Barry Bonds mind you. Conflicting identifications. Dancing. Raquel Welch. CAT FIGHT! I'd better update the metadata.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

I know, I totally don't get the asterisks either! What are you gonna do though? Dear, dear Sanrio...

11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home