Tuesday, March 25, 2008

"Thoughts in time and out of season"

An informal poll for you Dear Reader: if I were to have set my alarm for 3:00 AM in order to watch the first regular season baseball game between the Oakland A's and the Boston Red Sox, live from Tokyo, would you think

(a) I am a dedicated baseball fan
(b) I am a nutbag
(c) A and B
(d) Poor Susie

Now I must confess that my use of the subjunctive mood is erroneous. I did in fact get up to watch the game. Also, and don't take this too personally D.R., when it comes to my love of baseball, I really don't care what you or anyone else thinks, thought, or might think in the future.

Changing gears. I mowed the backyard yesterday afternoon. Big friggin' woop, right? Yes, it was. It was the first time I mowed MY OWN YARD. Thoughts and feelings about the unspoken bond between a man and his lawnmower... aw, screw it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home