Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The black cars of the guardia civil

It has come to my attention that I have not posted in a while. Quite a while by metastandards. I have some ideas about which to write. And some not to write about. They are more interesting. Duhhh. But I feel like phoning this one in.

Arctic Monkeys/This house is a circus
Bow Wow Wow/I want candy
Circle Jerks/I wanna destroy you
The Clash/Spanish bombs
The Damned/I just can’t be happy today
Depeche Mode/Martyr
Elastica/Connection
Fang/Fun with acid
Frankenstein Drag Queens from Planet 13/Scary song
Gang of Four/Outside the trains don’t run on time
The Melvins (w/Jello Biafra)/Caped crusader (Subway gas/Hello Kitty mix)
Metallica/Enter sandman
Midnight Oil/The dead heart
Nine Inch Nails/The hand that feeds
Nirvana/Drain you
NOFX/Seeing double at the Triple Rock
Pearl Jam/Jeremy
The Pixies/Dig for fire
Public Image Ltd./Death disco
Rage Against the Machine/Vietnow
Red Hot Chili Peppers/Dani California
The Smiths/What she said
Sonic Youth/Waist
Suicide/Girl
Tom Waits/Walking Spanish
Underworld/Born slippy
Sara Bareilles/Love song


It's the playlist I assembled for my listening pleasure as I pore over however-many-hundreds of names have backed up in the system. I have left it intact for a couple days now. It just works. Playlists can be revealing. By design. Often. Über-cool. Pretentiously so. "When in Minnesota and you got a drinking quota..." I'd better leave well enough alone and get. Rather, git.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home