Tuesday, August 15, 2006

It's torporific!

Mornings are starting to feel a bit like autumn. What the? August isn't even half gone. September is still weeks away. Granted only a bit more than two weeks, but still, weeks. Darkness greets me in the morning when I hop on my bike to work. A flannel shirt has become a necessity at evening baseball games. To wear, not just as a cushion on the hard bleachers. Too soon school will be kicking into gear and students will be returning to campus. I can hardly tell from my cubicle though. No public access. To and from work though, and on my breaks, I have to start paying extra attention so I don't get hit by cars driven by teenagers away from home for the first time in their lives. The minor league baseball season is winding down and the major league season is beginning to taste a bit of playoff races. Indian Summer's overcast mornings yielding to crisp clear sunny afternoons are near. Soon, I shall learn if the reason I started this blog thingy will happen. Not soon enough. But soon. When I know dear reader, you'll be the first I tell. The final of the five-game series between the Em's and the Tri-City Dust Devils is tonight. I think I'll go. I'll probably even take a light jacket. There's still some time to laze. Say it with verve, and no one will be the wiser. And now, a bowl of Crunch Berries is in order.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home