Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Tag! You're it, incidentally

"Toujours l'audace." George C. Scott playing George S. Patton quoting Napoleon Bonaparte. Oui! Toujours! I apologize Dear Reader for not writing sooner. I'd like to say that I am playing a game of chicken with the author of "incidentally" seeing which of us can go the longest without posting something. Anything. But I am not engaged in such a struggle. If I were, I would at this time be losing. The truth is that I have been a bit busy. Busy with work. Busy with Special Olympics. Busy with my son. Busy baking a chipotle pepper cheescake. And I have been feeling a bit lazy as well. Who am I kidding? There are only a few days left in the regular season and I have been watching a lot of baseball. Maybe too much. No. That's not possible. I am currently snugly entrenched in second place, or as I have heard it called, the best of the losers. There is still a chance, just a chance, that I could catch the leader of the fantasy league. I saw a shooting star this morning from the bus stop and thought it might bring me luck today, and my players would perform like never before in their careers. On my breaks I walked along the rows of parking meters looking for pennies for some additional luck. Baseball people are fairly superstitious. None of it seems to be working though. So I decided to cave in and write something. Or as it is turning out, nothing. So many words to say so very little, if anything at all. I apologize for wasting your time, Dear Reader.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home