Thursday, September 14, 2006

Will there be cereal?

As those of you who know me, or as those of you who have seen my profile know, Special Olympics holds a very special place in my heart and in my life. I have been coaching softball and basketball for over a decade, and just began my fifth year as a bowling coach. I have been the Volunteer Manager for about three years now, the Local Program Coordinator for about nine months, and have recently conducted an aquatics coach certification clinic in my new role as Coach Education Coordinator. I also play on a Unified Sports softball team, the Gummi Bears, which is composed of athletes with intellectual disabilities, and people without disabilities. I like to say that the Unified Partners, as we are called, just haven't been diagnosed...yet. I served as a bowling coach at the 2003 Special Olympics World Games held in Dublin, Ireland, and as Oregon's bowling coach at the inaugural Special Olympics USA National Games held this past July in Ames, Iowa. I began this blog to learn how to "do a blog" in the event that my application for the 2007 Special Olympics World Games was successful, so I could keep in touch. Only minutes ago I learned that I have been selected as a bowling coach for those games, to be held next October, in Shanghai, China. Needless to say, I am thrilled to the marrow! What the hell, here's a few more!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home