Wednesday, January 10, 2007

How now brown cow?

On December 31st I went to WinCo Foods for the first time. The prices are really good. Really, really good! I had to bag my own groceries though. But I usually bag my own groceries for ease of walking, or of riding the bus. The cereal. The cereal. Oh my, the cereal! As you may recall, I won't pay over two dollars for a box of cereal. I hit the proverbial mother lode of mother-loathed breakfast treats. I am not ashamed to admit to you, Dear Reader, that I purchased fifteen boxes of cereal. I'm maybe even a little proud to admit it. Two boxes each of Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Cocoa Puffs, Reese's Puffs and Double Chocolate Cookie Crisp. Single boxes of Cocoa Pebbles, Fruity Pebbles, Cap'n Crunch, Crunch Berries, Peanut Butter Crunch, Honey Comb, and, on a slightly healthier note, Honey Nut Shredded Wheat. Where to begin? Don't get me wrong. So far, I have had one bowl of Double Chocolate Cookie Crisp, which I didn't even know existed. I had heard only of the regular Cookie Crisp. Ahh! Novelty! I also had a bowl of Peanut Butter Crunch. That's it. That's a bowl of cereal every five days. Not bad. Moderate even. Nevermind that I've been out of milk and have been meaning to go to the store to get some. Today, I remembered to stop by the store on my way home from work. Chocolate milk. One gallon. Two percent. Or should that be two per cent? Maybe I should have just used the percentage sign.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home