Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Nuts!

Well, Library Thing is going to be down for at least three hours, beginning soon. All too soon. What am I going to do? My catalog sits at 790 titles. Just sits. 800 clearly in view. Looking at the shelf I plan to catalog next, I can see the tenth title, which will be number 800. The Ends of Power by H. R. Haldeman. It's part of my mini-collection of Watergate products. G. Gordon Liddy to Jeb Stuart Magruder. It'll have to wait though. My cataloging project has been quite useful in helping me to become more familiar with the Library of Congress classification system. It has been invaluable in making my real job easier. I have a new confidence when poring through the schedules. Confrontation has become consultation. Epiphanic. Turn on the computer, pop a couple of orange Pez (which taste remarkably like St. Joseph's children's aspirin), turn the volume up for Enter Sandman, and catalog. It doesn't matter what. I just catalog. Catalog. Catalog. Catalog. Sunday, while watching the NFL conference championship games, what was I doing? Yep. Cataloging. Rapt. I even forgot about the holiday. Did you, Dear Reader? Just wait until next year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home