Thursday, January 25, 2007

Sorry about the capitalization

I had a "work-related cataloging question" today. It sounded funny to say that, and the cataloging guru whom I asked thought so too. That's it. I have nothing more to share about it. Now I am getting ready to tackle another shelf of paperbacks. I thought I would, for a change, post something here first. I received a personal honor yesterday. I made a top eight list of 2006 things. I was credited for my "Payday cheesecakes." The list was alphabetical, sadly. Not in call number order. That's OK though. I came in sixth. Had the list been classed according to the Library of Congress, I think I would have lost a couple spots, slipping to eighth. Assuming I would have been in the TX range. Maybe seventh, depending on the classification of the Tacqueria. And then there would have been cuttering decisions to make. Cutter for "Payday" or "Cheesecake?" "Paul" or my last name? What would the main entry have been? No. I am quite content with an alphabetical sixth place finish. Let's face it. I'm happy just to have made the list. Incidentally, payday is next Wednesday and I'll be making a Minty Chocolate Cheesecake.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home