Friday, January 26, 2007

The Trickster strikes again

Another weekend begins soon. My son, Paul, a.k.a. The Boy, will be coming for a visit beginning in a few hours. A hockey game tomorrow shall be the meat, sandwiched between a couple of slices, really thick slices of nothing. Well, TV and some movies. Maybe Sunday's fixture pitting Arsenal v. Bolton will be televised here on the left coast of the colonies. He'd better have some homework with him as well. But for the most part, it should be a relaxing weekend, free of farm chores. It seems that practical jokes, good clean ones, have arrived recently as frequently as The Boy does. Poor Boy. Hello Kitty birthday cake. Hello Kitty bed sheets. And now, something completely different. I bought a box of Jimmy Dean Pancakes & Sausage on a Stick. Yeah. They really do exist. Jon Stewart wasn't lying. I purchased the chocolate chip pancake variety. Several days ago, while talking to The Boy on the phone I mentioned a new "corn dog type of product with what look like peppercorns in the coating." Note well the quotation marks. Well, the boy absolutely loves peppercorns, and he's always hungry when he arrives at my place. I plan to offer to make him something to eat. I'll suggest they taste pretty good without any mustard and/or catsup/ketchup (whatever yanks your chain). Remember if you will Dear Reader, he's a teenager. Yeah, he's gonna listen to a suggestion from his old man. He'll go right for the mustard and the red stuff as well. There is a lesson here, I think. Oh yeah! Now I remember. Keep an open mind, even to suggestions from a parent. I should have been a coyote.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home